YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!!
I just typed a fabulously long and insightful blog about this career process of Shane's and the stinkin' thing got erased. No joke, ERASED!!!
So for the record; I am a very grateful, insightful and spirit-filled person (who is raging inside at this stinkin' program!).
Sum Up: 1) Shane ranked #10 2) Bummer 3) Love you all/thanks for help 4) Learning process yada yada yada 5) Stinkin' Blogspot! 4) Nice to have had something other than kids to discuss w/spouse
PS You should all know that my first post was fabulously witty and charming (just like me. HA!)
Thursday, May 8, 2008
YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!!
Posted by Kenzie Rose at 11:58 PM
Shane passed the Physical Agility Test this morning. Thanks for the vote of confidence from you lovely commenters! He had the 2nd fastest time. Not the first like he had in the Eureka PAT but that's what I love about Shane; he's so good at sharing the spotlight and taking turns! (JK. But in all fairness, I doubt the other guy works seven days a week and comes home to 3 kids (our kids at that!)).
Anyhow... Here's a little reminder pic of how handsome my Sweetheart is in an officers uniform.
Next Step: Oral Interview (I think it's a board interview). Thursday (5/8) at 9:30am. Oh please, Oh please, Oh please....
Posted by Kenzie Rose at 12:51 AM
Tuesday, May 6, 2008
Posted by Kenzie Rose at 4:21 PM
Sunday, May 4, 2008
Saturday, May 3, 2008
A friend at work sent this to me in an email. I'd love to hear from all of you.
Answer the 30 questions at the end and send it to your friends (be sure to send it back to me).
This is for your entire life!
(X) Gone on a blind date
(X) Skipped school
(X) Watched someone die
() Been to Canada
() Been to Mexico
(X) Been to Florida
(X) Been on a plane
(X) Been lost
(X) Been on the opposite side of the country
(X) Gone to Washington , DC
(X) Swam in the ocean.
(X) Cried yourself to sleep
(X) Played cops and robber
(X) Recently colored with crayons
(X) Sang Karaoke
(X) Paid for a meal with coins only?
(X) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't?
(X) Made prank phone calls as a kid of course.
( ) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose
(X) Danced in the rain
(X) Written a letter to Santa Claus
( ) Been kissed under the mistletoe
(X) Watched the sunrise with someone you care about
(X) Blown bubbles
(X) Gone ice-skating
(X) Been skinny dipping outdoors
(X) Gone to the movies
1. Any nickname? Kemma, Kenzie, Kenz
2. Mother's name? Marcie
3. Favorite drink? Diet Coke (could definitely use one now!)
4. Tattoo? Yep tiny rose w/squiggles
5. Body Piercing: Um yes, lots in ears (most probably closed up), had tongue pierced for 3 weeks (until I chipped my tooth!), belly button in high school (probably fully closed by now)
6. How much do you love your job? I love having one and the people I work with a lot! (Yes Ali, I stole your answer.
7. Birthplace: Berkeley, CA
8. Favorite vacation spot? Munich or Florence
9. Ever been to Africa ? Nope
10. Ever eaten cookies for dinner? With ice cream (I try to get in more than one food group in my meals).
11. Ever been on TV? unfortunately, I have. Some of you may remember my NICU grossness on prime time news back in Nov, please push that image out of your mind.
12. Ever steal any traffic signs? no, but my older brother stole some and I stole one from him
13. Ever been in a car accident? YES! A friend flipped his Cherokee the day after he got his license. We were 16 and doing doughnuts. Pretty scary to hang upside down from your seat belt.
14. Drive a 2-door or 4-door vehicle? yes, 4 door & 3 (you bet I've got a minivan).
15. Favorite salad dressing? Homemade (olive oil, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, minced garlic, kosher salt & pepper) Mmmmm...
16. Favorite pie? Razzelberry (Hooray for Pie Month!)
17. Favorite number? 12
18. Favorite movie? Currently: Say Anything, Cinema Paridiso, Princess Bride, Stardust, Pride & Prejudice
19. Favorite holiday? Thanksgiving, because I love family gatherings without the stress of gift giving. Yes, I'm a freak as you may remember from my last b-day. And I look forward to the after meal nap. Best sleep of the year!
20. Favorite dessert? I'm currently smitten for Tillamook Caramel Toffee Crunch but you can't go wrong with a nice cupcake.
21. Favorite food? I'm a craver, no true favorites, just daily favorites. Loving my new Italian Sausage and
22. Favorite day of the week? They're all blurring together these days. :0(
23. Favorite body wash? Anything citrus, but I most often use Dove or Jergens soap.
24. Favorite toothpaste? Crest w/Scope
25. Favorite smell? Clean Cotton/Dryer Sheets
26. What do you do to relax? hide from my children (Ha! I usually do some sort of art project with Alexis or curl up with a book when the kids are napping.
27. How do you see yourself in 10 years? Married and happy :) (with a few more minutes to myself)
28. Who will respond to this the fastest? ya got me
Sooo, the moment you've all been waiting for.... I TAG Sarah, Jacque, Erin, Lauren & Paige. (Yes Paige, I am tagging you because you are funny)
Posted by Kenzie Rose at 7:20 AM
Friday, May 2, 2008
We're at it again! We'll be fasting this Monday. Shane is taking the exam at 1pm. If you're able, please join us in our fast. We appreciate all the good thoughts and well wishes you've been sending our way.
We should know the results of the exam by Wednesday. I'll keep you posted.
Oh and here's a little show for the grandparents.
Posted by Kenzie Rose at 10:52 PM